Do You Qualify for the Top Solar Rebates in AZ?
Arizona is located in one of the best areas of the United States for solar energy. It is the state with the lowest cost solar panels for businesses and homes in the country, costing just $2.34/W. It is also one of the states with the most government incentives for going solar. For example, when you buy your home or business solar panels, you won’t pay the state’s 5.6% sales tax. Also, the cost of your solar system does not increase your property tax assessment.
On the tax front, it is one of the few states in which those interested in installing solar panel systems for commercial buildings or homes are eligible for two tax credits. In addition to the Federal Tax Credit, solar owners are eligible for the Arizona State Tax Credit for Solar. It is essential that you know a little more about this incentive, and whether you qualify for the benefit.
What is the Arizona State Tax Credit for Solar?
The state of Arizona assumes 25% of the gross cost of your solar system up to $1,000. This money is deducted from your state taxes. You can claim it when you file your taxes. If your tax bill is less than your solar tax credit, you can carry the remainder forward for 5 consecutive years. This incentive can be combined with other benefits such as the Federal Tax Credit.
Do You Qualify for Arizona’s Solar Rebate?
- Systems & Equipment: You can qualify for the benefit of purchasing top residential solar panels. It also applies to all other components including inverters and batteries, for example. Also, you can include any other devices used to transfer solar energy such as solar hot water collectors and solar pool heaters, among others (form 310).
- Tax Registration: Another essential requirement is that you are a taxpayer in Arizona. To do so, you must be properly registered and pay your state taxes regularly.
- Supplier: The equipment must be installed by a top-notch, properly licensed contractor, such as Volt Energy. This ensures that the system has minimal risk of failure or damage, as they are installed to industry standards.
- Location: Solar systems should be installed on any Arizona residence. It can be your primary or secondary house, but it must be located within the state. Even if you install the solar system on a motorhome, you can apply for the rebate as long as it is in Arizona territory and you declare it as your home.
- Warranty: The system must be under product and installation warranty. In the case of the panels, they must have a minimum 2-year warranty. The rest of the equipment must have a minimum of one year warranty.
- Certificate: the top provider of solar panels for commercial or residential that you choose must give you a certificate for the equipment. This certificate guarantees that the equipment complies with all Arizona solar energy requirements and standards.
Get the Best Solar Rebates in AZ
If you want to install leading solar energy systems and take full advantage of Arizona’s government incentives, you’re in the right place. Since 2015 Volt Energy has become one of the region’s leading providers, and we’re ready to support you on your path to going solar. Let our knowledgeable representatives advise you so you can enjoy the incentives, and install the ideal system at your home or business at competitive prices. Reach out for questions or to get a free consultation.